Thursday, February 15, 2018

Filling In

 The thing about the sides of this quilt is that it has to be filled in with extra pieces on the other side of the diamond four patches. So even though the pieces you see above to the right of the giant diamonds aren't in the layout of the finished quilt I showed you the other day, they still have to be there, and I can't just sew any old pieces.

 And sewing them together is a little bit finicky.


To assemble the rest of the flimsy, I'll make sew the four patch diamonds to the medium sized diamonds to make diamonds as big as the giant diamonds, then I'll sew them together in diagonal rows.


It's kinda boring work, but it will be relaxing to do. I'll enjoy it.



And then, of course, I'll have to clean the studio and the whole cycle will start again.

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

The lime green with sizzling pinks, stunning.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the closer up photos showing fabric details!